Reminder to Priests & Deacons
REMINDER TO BISHOPS, PRIESTS, & DEACONS
re Required Documentation
per the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
We welcome all clergy to the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy! Your ministry is extremely valuable to us as you reveal Christ to the world, and we thank you for your service to His Body.
The following pertains to all bishops, priests & deacons OUTSIDE the Diocese of Springfield, MA:
To concelebrate Mass/ serve on the altar/ hear Confessions at the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy: please have your local Bishop's Chancery fax a standard Letter of Good Standing to our Pilgrimage Office at 413-298-3910 or email to [email protected] 30 days before your visit. This letter must include the following:
- Be received directly from the clergy’s local chancery (or Provincial superior for religious)
- Be written on official letterhead
- Have the date you plan to visit the National Shrine clearly stated
Per the USCCB, these are no longer acceptable:
- A general UNDATED Letter of Good Standing. Computer generated “general” form letters from larger dioceses or archdiocese cannot be accepted. Please be sure to inform the person sending the Letter that we require a Letter with the date you are coming.
- Celebret cards
Please be respectful of the fact that we must comply with the requirements of the USCCB, and we appreciate your attention to these matters in advance.
- Without a Letter of Good Standing, clergy will not be allowed to minister at the National Shrine.
- It is of utmost importance that this document is sent to us by your Bishop or Religious Superior.
- Without it, unfortunately, your clergy will not be able to concelebrate/assist at Mass or hear confessions.
- There are thousands of pilgrims on Eden Hill over this weekend, and we schedule every available priest we can to hear Confessions; we are not staffed to review and opine on letters of good standing, at the last minute, received in person.
Please note: It is the responsibility of the individual priest/deacon and the bus/ group coordinator to contact the local chancery and make certain the National Shrine has received this paperwork to avoid any problems on the day you are scheduled to come.
- Please email the Pilgrimage Office at [email protected] or call 413-298-1119 to verify the information was received.
Thank you for your cooperation with this paperwork so we can avoid unnecessary delays or inconvenience when you come!
We hope that you enjoy your visit to the National Shrine of Divine Mercy and be the instrument of God’s mercy to other pilgrims who visit the Shrine.