Observing Divine Mercy Sunday
To fittingly observe the Feast of Divine Mercy, we should:
- Celebrate the Feast on the Sunday after Easter, or the Vigil
- Sincerely repent of all our sins
- Place our complete trust in Jesus
- Go to Confession, preferably before the Feast day or Vigil
- Receive Holy Communion on the day of the Feast, or Vigil
- Venerate* the Image of The Divine Mercy
- Be merciful to others, through our actions, words, and prayers.
*To venerate a sacred image or statue simply means to perform some act or make some gesture of deep religious respect toward it because of the person whom it represents — in this case, our Most Merciful Savior.