The following is the same prayer being said during the Novena at the National Shrine of The Divine Mercy:
O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, before ascending into heaven, did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples — deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me, to perfect in my soul the work of Your grace and Your love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom- that I may not be attached to the perishable things of this world, but aspire only after the things that are eternal.
- The Spirit of Understanding- to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth.
- The Spirit of Knowledge- that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the saints.
- The Spirit of Counsel- that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven.
- The Spirit of Fortitude- that I may bear my cross with You, and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation.
- The Spirit of Piety- that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable.
- The Spirit of Fear- that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God, and may avoid anything that may displease Him.
Mark me, dear Lord, with the sign of Your true disciples, and animate me in all things with Your Spirit.